Safety equipment for touring on mainland Europe

Local rules and driving requirements
The AA has a useful webpage which includes news that "the French Road Safety Department has recently confirmed that from 1st October 2008 all drivers in France, including drivers of vehicles registered outside of France, must have one warning triangle and one reflective jacket in their vehicle". More

Compulsory equipment to take when touring on mainland Europe
The AA has a useful webpage and a tabulated checklist of what you need to take with you - for example the original vehicle registration documents, GB stickers, warning triangle, reflective vest and headlamp adjusters.

AA website for useful travel advice
You can buy their recommended touring equipment here including their safety triangle and headlamp converters. More

Online V8 Shop
You can buy a useful Hi-Viz Vest with a V8 Register logo - or two as a special offer! More

Posted: 18.7.08
V8 Register - MG Car Club - the leading group for MG V8 enthusiasts at