A full grid
of classic sports cars moves off from the start line into Madgwick
Corner. A mouthwatering scene! (Photo: Goodwood Circuit)
on the Thursday afternoon is a tradition of the Goodwood Revival
meeting. It is always played on the historic ground in front of
Goodwood House where the earliest recorded game was played in 1702.
For 2002, the weather was warm and sunny and Lord March's team knocked
up 100 before tea. Here you can see The Duke of Richmond & Gordon's
XI are batting just before play was halted by a spectacular air
display over the field.
for the St Mary's Trophy, an 18 lap two-driver race for production
saloon cars of a type that raced between 1951 and 1959.
during practice for the St Mary's Trophy seen from the raised bank,
a popular viewing spot for spectators. Modern technology enables
spectators to follow the action around the track on a giant screen.
is a very good spot to view the action on the track from the raised
banking around the outside of this exciting double apex corner.
A stroll with friends around the track is particularly enjoyable
stopping at Madgwick, Lavant and Woodcote corners where there are
bars serving cask ale.
early in the morning, a quiet time to stroll round and see some
quite extraordinary machinery parked up in the covered bays, before
the crowds flock in later in the day.
The St Trinians
schoolgirls are a regular sight at the Goodwood Revival, providing
a sense of fun along with other actors engaged by the organisers
each wearing early 1950s or 60s outfits. But most visitors dress
in sympathy with the "revival" style of the event - the
lady in the photo above for example, had a beautiful two piece suit,
with coat and gloves. The two Goodwood Revival regulars above (Mike
Maude-Roxby and Bill Wallace) are in typical dress!
Revival photos from members are welcome on this gallery